Tuesday 21 October 2014

Knitted Animal Hats

My friend Zoe gave me a lovely booked called Knitted Animal Hats for my birthday, which has some amazing patterns for very fun animal hats. As my niece was 5 last week, and my nephew was 2, I though that was a perfect opportunity to knit them some hats.

My niece loves the colour red, and is quite cunning so the fox suited her perfectly. I found a lovely soft red wool in John Lewis, which almost has a hint of black in it, and then a lovely cream marl wool for the face.









I used a thinner black wool which was a charity shop find, but also very soft, for the ears, and so just adapted the pattern slightly to make them bigger. I stitched on a knitted nose, and then used big black buttons for eyes, as I trust her not to eat them. I then lined the hat in a thick jersey cotton to make it lovely and soft against her head and also very warm. 

Here are some photos of her wearing it....I hope she likes it!




No comments:

Post a Comment