Tuesday 21 October 2014

Knitted Animal Hats 2

So as well as knitting a hat for my niece, I also knitted one for my 2 year old nephew. Now as you can probably imagine of a boy that age, he is a little monkey. He climbs up things, throws things and breaks things so a monkey hat was the only thing appropriate.

I had to work on the sizing a little as he is so tiny, and the child size hats in the book went up to age 8, which would swamp him, but I used smaller sized needles and shortened the hat by a few rows and this seemed to work pretty well.






I love the mix of stocking and garter stitch top give the texture on the monkey's face, I knitted eyes for this one, rather than use buttons as I definitely don't trust my nephew not to try and eat buttons!

It was hard to get a good photo of him in it as he does not stay still for a moment, but I did manage to get a few...




No comments:

Post a Comment