Thursday 22 September 2016

Holiday Fabric

At one time, I would have bought a ridiculous amount of souvenirs when on holiday, but having lived in one of the smallest houses around for the last 4 years, I've got more into the mindset of thinking that I just don't have room for anything.

So instead, I try to buy fabric, as then I know it will be used, and also it's a chance to get a different selection of fabrics that I wouldn't find at home.

So this year, I was very excited to find many many fabric shops in San Jose, while we were waiting to fly home from Costa Rica, and especially to find one that sold remnants of fabric by weight!!!

Luckily, when I went on holiday, I took lots of supplies out for my friend who I was meeting, who had been away from the UK for a long time, which meant I had plenty of room in my rucksack to bring back lots of lovely fabric. Oh and rum. My boyfriend would never have forgiven me if I'd come home without rum!

So I went a little wild, thinking I'd treat myself, and got a lot of fabric, and even more amazingly, it only came to $7!!!


Here is my beautiful selection....


I've only made 2 cushions so far but I am too excited - I just LOVE these fabrics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment