Tuesday 12 November 2013

Chunky Knitted Cushions & Other Wool Based Creations

Earlier in the summer I was involved in a lot of knitting and creating for the Baby Boden Autumn Catalogue. A bit late, as Winter has always been launched, but here are some images of in the making and final images.

Firstly my chunky knitted cushions. Sumptuous, rich and textured, these look fabulous against cute squishy babies.



I also got busy with some textured wool felt making a stuffed foxes head. Like he'd been killed and stuffed only cute looking and fuzzy. I completely made up the pattern, snipping and stitching as I went, but now I'm sad that I didn't make a pattern as I won't be able to make a similar one again!





Lastly, I bought layers of yellow, green and blue felt cut out some roof tile shapes to layer up to make a wonderful, colourful roof for my playhouse. This was made out of a farmyard scene fabric, with navy tape to make the windows, and so the roof matches the colours of the ducks and background in the fabric! Fabulous!


As our house is so small, it was pretty difficult to find a good space to make this, and so my bed was the only option.This meant a clever feat of hanging it from the ceiling whilst sleeping as again, there was nowhere else to put it, but it all worked out very well in the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment