Thursday 30 June 2011

This Time Last Year

I love having little reminisces about what I was up to this time last year. I walk 3 miles to work and 3 miles from work each day and so this means lots of time to dream abut my recent and not so recent travels and then also for a bit of free association.

So, this time last year, I was coming to the end of my big Travelling Trip (it gets capitals because it was important). I travelled from Egypt to South Africa overland, went island hopping in the South Pacific, and then all over South America, with a short hop to Panama.

As I flew home from Rio, I spent my last week in Brazil. I went to Iguazu Falls which was beautiful and incredibly spell binding, and I attracted many butterflies to come and sit on me and met a vampire turtle.







I then headed to Rio and ended up staying in a hostel between Ipanema and Copacabana beaches so spent a lot of time there lazing and swimming, and also learning how to make Caipirinhas in the hostel.



I climbed Sugar Loaf mountain and went up to see the statue of Christ..oh and bought 10 pairs of Havianas.



Now when I'm sitting at work...and it's raining....I wish I was back in the bustle and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment