Monday 18 May 2020

Chiswick Riverside

I love living by the Thames in London.

In my dreams I'd live somewhere else by the seaside, but it wouldn't work for either of us for work, and also I'd never actually get any work done as it would be too tempting to spend all day in the sea!!

So the Thames is a great alternative, and I've even swum in it a few times!!

Usually we'd go for a long river walk at least once a month in the winter and once a week in the summer, preferably combining it with a visit to one of the many riverside pubs (ahh how I miss pubs!!).

As the river path is always busy, and fairly narrow in places, I've been avoiding it since the start of lockdown, because it just didn't seem like a sensible place to go, but since the more relaxed rules came in last week, I was just itching to go and see my river.

My usual walk is over Hammersmith Bridge, along to Barnes Bridge, over that, and back to Hammersmith and it's just gorgeous! It usually takes about 1.5 hours, but depends on how many times I stop to smell flowers and take photos!

So I went on Thursday evening and it was just beautiful. A little chilly, but the sun was out, and so it felt just like we were on holiday at the seaside (you know, cos it's always a bit colder than you expected - haha!). It made me so happy!! I'm definitely going to have to go back again soon!!




No comments:

Post a Comment