Tuesday 18 March 2014

Another Knitted Friend

A friend was complaining recently about having to find someone to look after their cat while they went away for a week and saying about how hard and expensive it is. Plus the cat will inevitably sulk and be rude to them when they get back to make them feel too guilty to ever go on holiday again. This made me think about how nice it is to have knitted pets instead. They don't need feeding, you can leave them along when you go away, and it's not cruel, and they don't smell! Perfect. Plus you get a cooler pet than just a boring old cat or dog.


Now i'd thought that my book 'Knit your own zoo' was the coolest thing ever....but that was until for my leaving present from my old job I was bought 'Knitted Dinosaurs'. It's amazing!! And I particularly love the picture of Dinosaur Carnage a few pages in!!


So I got started straight away with knitting a beautiful Triceratops. The only problem is....they are massive. Now I know that sounds stupid as dinosaurs obviously were big, but my lion is miniature in comparison to these. My finished dinosaur is almost half a metre long!!!! That's a lot of knitting!!

So here is Trevor, the latest addition to my knitted family. He likes eating all the plants in my garden, and making sure the other zoo animals behave themselves.














No comments:

Post a Comment