Sunday 9 February 2014

Another Snowy Adventure!

So last year I discovered the amazing excitingness of skiing for the first time! (Well unless you count 1 day in Morocco where I mostly went down backwards!) I was very very very exciting when on the evening before coming back to work after Christmas, we booked a ski trip for 3 weeks time! And it was way better than last year!

We went to La Plagne in the French Alps and it was so quiet, we didn't queue for a single lift, apart from getting to the Glacier on the last day. So we literally skied non stop all day, getting the last lift up as high as we could go for a leisurely last ski down back to the chalet for afternoon tea and cake. They also have a tunnel which you can ski through!!


We took lessons again in the mornings and had a brilliant teacher called Valerie who was incredibly picky, which was great as it means I actually now think I know how to ski. I mastered going really fast and then stopping instantly which was great fun, and as my boyfriend had a ski app on his phone which tracked how fast we went, we spent a lot of time in the afternoons trying to beat it (42mph was the record!).


The sun only came out on 2 days but that was enough time to get some great photos of the stunning mountain scenery!



No comments:

Post a Comment