Monday 12 August 2013

Some Spotty Dress Alterations

It's usually about this time of year that I get a bit sick of my clothes. I tend to only wear summer clothes, and just layer them up in the Winter, so now when it's hot and sunny, I always feel that some of my summer dresses have a bit of a wintry vibe. That and although I'd wear any of them over tights, quite a few are really too short to wear out bare legged - unless on the beach.


I bought this dress over a year ago, and at the time loved it. However, when I got it home and tried to wear it, I found that as soon as I moved, it really was too short and my knickers were pretty much on show. I also decided that the neckline was too frumpy, and so undid the top 2 buttons and tacked the collar inside so that it had a fairly low cut v neck. 

As I only wore it once, it went in to my bag of things to go to a charity shop. But something stopped me and I realised that I was actually very attached to it, and so couldn't bear to part with it. 


So I cut the sleeves off, thinking this would help with the whole riding up issue. It didn't but the dress did now fit better. So it nearly made it to being worn on a fair few occasions, but I still felt it was just too short!


So I thought 'what colour do I love a lot at the moment...?' and went out and bought some fabric to sew on the bottom to make it longer (letting down the hem as well in the process).



VoilĂ ! So now it's not too short and I love it with this orange hem!! The only thing now is to decide whether to add a tough of orange binding to the sleeves or leave it as it is...? Hmmm...





No comments:

Post a Comment