Saturday 31 August 2013

Knitting Developments & Discovering a Theme...

In keeping with my recent knitting developments, I took the challenge to find a pattern and make a whole animal. So far I've only knitted things as a whole, but thought it would be quite fun to knit lots of parts and then sew them together.

Over the years that I've been sewing and creating, I didn't really think I had a theme in my creations, but slowly one has seemed to develop. Elephants. Loads of my recent creations involve elephants - whether it's in the print of the fabric, appliquéd on, or in the actual shape, elephants feature in a lot of my creations. So I decided it was only appropriate to knit an elephant!


It was a fairly simple pattern stitch wise, more just a case of concentrating and keeping count, and adding a lovely ribbed texture into the trunk and here he is. I am so proud! (And glad that he can keep Malcolm the dinosaur company)




No comments:

Post a Comment