Tuesday 14 May 2013

John M Armleder: Quicksand: Spring/Summer 2013

I love going to new and random art exhibitions, and so one of the amazing things about London is that there are endless venues and even more exhibitions.

As my parents came to visit for the weekend last weekend, I sent them a list of ideas at the usual venues for things to see. When my Dad responded and 'no'd' all of them, I then had to look further for something else to see.

So I found Quicksand, by John Armleder, a Swiss artist. It was a lovely mixture of colour, texture and sound, and is currently on at the Dairy Arts Centre, near Russell Square.


 





I read all of his leaflet which came with the exhibition, which was very interesting  but if I had to describe why I liked the exhibition, it would be this: lots of bright colours, glitter, and flowers planted in tyres. I realise that this makes me sound really simple, but that's how I looked at it. And it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment