Saturday 8 December 2012

Time For Another Quilt & Other Christmassy Activities

It was around this time last year that I started thinking about making a patchwork quilt as it seemed so horrifically cold out that I just wanted to be wrapped up warm and snuggled in a cosy patchwork quilt. However, it wasn't until February (when we tend to be a bit quieter at work) that I actually got round to making one!

My house has the heating set on perma-high (it did used to be an old peoples home so you've got to keep them warm) so it has been lovely this winter, considering my old flat pretty much had icicles hanging from the ceiling. Still it didn't stop me from waking up in the middle of the night last night feeling very slightly chilly and wishing that I had my quilt.



Some of the girls are off shooting for Summer 2013 at the moment which seems entirely wrong given the current below freezing temperatures! For one of the props, I was asked to make a patchwork quilt in lovely soft ice creamy colours. I loved making my last quilt and so even though this one was much simpler, I really got into making it and it was very much fun. It also looked really cosy and warm so I imagine will end up wrapped around a fair few babies this weekend on the shoot, as well as being laid out on the floor!


In other festive news I have pretty much done all of my Christmas shopping!! I haven't actually been out yet with the intention of doing some Chrismtas shopping, I just keep finding things which I think other people will like so it is very exciting! On a day off my and my friend Kate had to have to use up some of our holiday before the end of the year we went ice skating at Somerset House which was just so beautiful and magical! We then went for mulled wine for breakfast afterwards which was even more delicious and a perfect way to get into the Christmassy feel.




I'm off to make my Christmas jumper now so watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment