Monday 3 December 2012

Can A Bee Ever Be A Rabbit?

This is just one of the very normal questions we ask ourselves on a daily basis at work. So my latest prop challenge was to make a rabbit piñata for our Easter shoot. Everyone thinks December means Christmas and time to get the Christmas tree out but in shoot season, we shot Christmas way back in June and July, so are now on to a rather belated Easter shoot. No wonder some of the models were confused when we were cracking out the Easter Eggs and chicks!!

So for one of the props to make for this shoot, I had to make a piñata in the shape of a Bunny Rabbit. I didn't have time to get out the papiermache and make a piñata from scratch, as we only had a few days before the shoot, and all of the bunny piñatas we could find for sale online were horrific! And terrifying!

So I thought buying a Bee piñata and converting it to a rabbit would be best as it was quite cheap and looked like it could be the same shape. Plus they did next day delivery so that was sorted.



When the Bee arrived.....I was slightly more worried! But as I'd said I was easily able to turn it into a Bee I got on with it! I started by ripping off the antennae, wings, legs and all the tissue paper and then got to work covering it in white crepe paper. I quickly added some wire bunny ears which instantly made it more recognisable as a Rabbit, bit mainly it just looked like a random creature which had been wrapped in bandages!! I had to leave at this point to run off and buy some meringues, and when I got into work the next morning, my creature was also wearing some silver baby sandals.....now it looked really odd!

I carried on wrapping, and cutting and adding some wire feet and slowly the Rabbit started to take shape. This is the finished product and I am very very pleased with it!




So the answer to the title of this blog is yes! A Bee can easily be transformed into a Rabbit!


No comments:

Post a Comment