Tuesday 28 February 2012

Pretty Patchwork Quilt

I am very proud of my completed very pretty patchwork quilt!! It is finished and sitting on my bed, looking lovely of course!


After searching through my vast collection of fabrics, I decided that I actually needed something completely plain to go around the edge of my quilt, as nothing else I had really matched both sides! So I paid another visit to my lovely little fabric shop just down the road (Akhtar Fabrics - 154 Willesden Green High Road) and bought some plain white cotton to make bias binding for the edges. This I machine stitched on one side, and hand then folded it over and top stitched the other side, as I would have done with normal bias binding. 

I think it looks lovely with it's 2 different colour ways, and am very proud of my first quilt effort!


No comments:

Post a Comment