Monday 21 November 2011

Ooompa Lumpa Makeover? Anyone?

I'd been meaning to buy some new foundation for ages as I'd been feeling a bit blotchy and uneven. I don't really wear make up very often, and so wanted something really natural, that would just smooth me out a bit, and not look like I was wearing make up at all.

So we went to Selfridges on a Sunday morning, definitely not looking our best after a Saturday night out, and in need of some pampering.

The first counter I went to, was Bare Essentials, and the girl was very enthusiastic about transforming my face. I have to admit, I did look very smooth...but also very much like I'd been tangoed. It's hard to tell exactly under the harsh shop lights, but as I walked away from the stand, not only did I feel a bit cakey (she'd put a lot more layers on than I was really after) but I was also worried that I was looking like an extra for Willy Wonka.

So we wandered on. I was feeling very self concious as I knew I was looking slightly worse for wear after the night out, and I really didn't want to be orange and slightly worse for wear. We approached the Mac counter. After wandering around slightly aimlessly, we were advised that you have to go to the booth to get a makeover.

The woman looked at me, and said 'I don't mean to be rude - but is that your normal foundation?' When I shook my head very enthusiastically, and explained what had happened she said 'Phew, how can they do that to you!!'

Similarly, when I told one of my colleagues what had happened, she looked horrified and said 'But I thought they weren't allowed to do that to people?'. I don't think she'd purposely made me look like an oompa lumpa, I'm pretty sure that she thought that's what I wanted to look like! And she herself was pretty orange - I assume on purpose!!

So I came away with some Mac foundation which does exactly what I wanted - smooths me out without looking like I'm wearing make up. On the recommendation of most of my friends I also bought some Benefit tinted moisturiser and I am in love with it! Not only does it smooth me out, but it also smells like flowers - in a very nice way! Successful mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment