Saturday 4 February 2017

Toy Washing Machine

I love a custom order request, and especially when it is something really random!

So before Christmas, I was very excited to receive a custom order request for a toy washing machine. It was for a little girl who loved her parents real washing machine, and would be really sad when she had to go to bed and leave it, so I was asked to make her one she could take everywhere with her. So cute!!


I wanted to make it realistic, but soft and cuddly, so went for pink and purple fleece, with felt stitched on decorations. The powder drawer has velcro on it so she could actually store little things in there. 


I made it so the drum was inverted, so again, she could actually put things in it!


So it had a clear plastic door, with velcro, so she could open and close it!


Here is the finished washing machine, in front of our actual washing machine. So cute!


It did confuse the postman slightly when I went to post it and he asked 'What's in the parcel' and I said 'a washing machine'. It didn't weigh very much so I think he just thought I was a bit weird. Once I said 'no batteries' though, those were the magic words, so it was fine to post. I hope she liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment