Thursday 30 June 2016

Knitted Solar System!

I still think back fondly to the day when I told my boyfriend I was going to quit my full time job and get a part time one, so I could take up sewing part time too. He looked at me with quite a lot of shock and said 'Well what exactly are you going to do?'. My answer was 'Knit the solar system'.

And so I did! My first one was a bit of an experiment, but incredibly fun. I got very scientific and researched the size and colour of each planet, so that I could knit them proportionally to each other! I did think about adding in the moons for the planets which have them, but thought that was probably taking it a bit far!!

So anyway, a couple of years on, I have now successfully knitted and sold quite a few solar systems - all slightly different, and so all unique!

Here are some photos of my latest one, available on my Etsy and Folksy shops found through my website: www.fairlyamy.co.uk






No comments:

Post a Comment