Tuesday 7 July 2015

What To Do With A Lost Shoe?

Whilst swimming in the sea at the weekend in Milford on Sea (while, more like floundering whilst being battered by some pretty rough waves, and attempting to body surf) I lost one of my beloved Juju Jelly Shoes.

I bought them last summer after remembering how much I'd loved my Jelly Shoes as a child, and they were great! I wore them everywhere, and walked miles in them! Even when it started to turn autumnal, I still wore them with tights and they looked great.


They were also really practical for wearing in the sea when it is pebbly. Hence why I was waering them in the sea at the weekend, as Milford is very pebbly. I was diving though a wave and whumpf, gone. Only one jelly shoe left. :( I tried my best to look for it but the sea was so churning, and the current so strong that we had no chance.

The next morning, I went along the beach for a walk, half keeping an eye out, and whilst I sadly did not find my missing jelly, I did find a fair selection of other sad, lost shoes.





Whilst pondering what to do with my other jelly, it made me think about what people do with the other un-lost shoe. Do they just throw them away? Or is there some charity that collects shoes for one legged people? I shall have to do some research. 

Although, the eternal optimist in my is hoping that on one of my next 2 trips back to Milford this summer, I may just find it lurking, lonely somewhere, waiting to be rescued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment