Monday 5 December 2011

...and the start of a new one!

So, following on from my previous post I am very impressed with the speed of the passport service. Forget the 6 weeks they say it may take, I had my new passport back less than a week after I sent it! How's that for service??

But - wow how passports have changed since I got mine back in 2004 - well and even since friends who have got them in the last few years.

Apparently they've added loads of touches to make them harder to forge - like 'canal' 'mountain range' along with matching illustrations on each page. The other new security features are a chip, watermark, biographical page and secondary image and new design theme. Colourful! The photo page has moved to the front, and is flimsy and a little blurred as there are so many holograms on it. 

I'm off to Cape Town again in January so hopefully it will be real and they'll actually let me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment